When we may collect your data
We may collect data from you when:
- you access our Websites
- you place an order
- you subscribe to any of our services, newsletters, online promotions or competitions •
- you speak to us on the telephone to enquire about any of our services or place orders
- for our products
- you correspond with us via post
- you complete an information request form via our websites
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data. By using our website www.irondome.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Depending on the purpose for which you are providing your personal data, for the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, the Data Controller will be us.
What data do we collect about you?
Iron Dome may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your personal contact details including your full name, postal and billing addresses, telephone number(s) and title.
- Information acquired/provided through our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Websites, subscribing to our newsletters, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions, posting material or requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you respond to a survey and/or when you report a technical fault with the website or your contracted services.
- Information about your online browsing behaviour on our Websites and Mobile Apps and information about when you click on one of our adverts (including those shown on other organisations’ websites)
- Information about any devices you have used to access our Services (including the make, model and operating system, IP address, browser type and mobile device identifiers)
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- Details of your visits to our Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- Details of your access to our online resources or other materials.
- If applying for employment via advertisement online for e.g. Providing CVs or other information about yourself for specific purposes.
We may collect information about your computer or device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to us. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
How we may use your data
- to update and enhance our records and ensure their continuing accuracy
- to ensure the content from the Websites is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, or to provide you with the information about products and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about similar goods and services which may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. You can opt-in/out of such notifications by following the instructions on the relevant forms set out on this Website (or elsewhere as applicable) or at any time after providing your information
- inviting you to participate in research studies and/or market research activities
- we may analyse your data to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information
Disclosure of your data
- to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you
- where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your data as undertaken by us
- where we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will never sell your data to third parties for the purposes of marketing.
Where we store your data
The data that we collect from you is stored in electronic format and transferred to a secure server within the UK or a destination within the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). Your data will not be transferred or stored at a location outside the EEA. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
How we protect your data
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. This section sets out some of the measures we have in place.
We use computer safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, and we enforce physical access controls to our premises and files to keep this data safe. We only authorise access to employees who need it to carry out their job responsibilities.
We protect the security of your information while it is being transmitted by encrypting it using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). We enforce physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data. We may occasionally ask for proof of identity before we share your personal data with you.
Our Websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from selected third party websites, networks, forums, social media. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How long we will keep your data for
We keep different types and categories of information for different periods and according to different legal obligations and operational or administrative requirements. We will not keep any data that we do not need or that is excessive for the purpose that it was collected for. We will regularly review the data that we keep in order to ensure that it is accurate and up to date (although you will be responsible for informing us of any change to data you may have given us). For more specific information about how long we keep data for, please see our Data Retention Policy.
Accessing your data
You have the right to ask us to provide you with details of the personal data that we may hold about you and what processing activities we carry out on that data. This is called a ‘Subject Access Request’.
You may make a Subject Access Request by writing to us, either by email or by post. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Iron Dome, Image Court, 328-334 Molesey Rd, Walton-on-Thames KT12 3LT.
You must identify yourself and specify what information you wish to access. We may need to make additional and reasonable identity checks before we release any data. Although there is no automatic fee applicable to a request for access to the data we hold about you, we may charge a reasonable fee if, in our opinion, your request is unreasonably excessive or repetitive.
Asking us to amend your data and keeping it up to date
You have the right to contact us and ask us to amend your personal data in order to keep it accurate and up to date. We may ask you to confirm the accuracy of the personal data that we hold about you when we contact you or when you contact us. We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by emailing email@example.com or write to us at or by calling us on 0203 358 0203. Please note that it may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect.
Asking us to erase your data
You have the right to ask us to erase some or all of the personal data that we hold about you. This may not apply in all circumstances, and we may reasonably refuse this request, for example if there is a legal obligation to retain some or all of your personal data. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Iron Dome, Image Court, 328-334 Molesey Rd, Walton-on-Thames KT12 3LT.
Restricting processing of your data
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing or other purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and request your consent to these activities.
If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from us, you will find an ‘unsubscribe’ link on all marketing communications. If this does not work for whatever reason, or if you prefer to contact us directly you may email us on email@example.com or write to us at Iron Dome, Image Court, 328-334 Molesey Rd, Walton-on-Thames KT12 3LT.
A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the lifetime of the cookie and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number. Cookies can help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly and are used by major websites. Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
You have the ability to accept or decline the cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our site if cookies are disabled.
Cookies and Google analytics (example)
By using our Websites, you consent to the processing of data about you by Iron Dome Ltd, Google and other suppliers we might use the purposes of website traffic analysis from time to time in the manner and for the purposes set out above.